Sunsure fabric cockpit cushions????

Jul 12, 2004
- - N Muskegon
Just got a new to us 34. It is in need of cockpit cushions. Can I get some reviews of the closed cell with the sunsure material. Haven't found much. Hopefully we will leave Lake Michigan in 3 years for ports south. So would like recommendations. Have always had the cushy regular ones but wondering how they would hold up in warmer weather. Thanks

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
The sunsure cushions are a great value...we previously had C-Cushions which we loved but something spilled and we wanted a repair and it was going to cost us more to repair than the new 3 piece deal w/ Sunsure...did red pinstriping on edges of white cushions and had one made for the bridge deck / companion way...very nice product...easily cleaned and quick to dry.

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
I've had mine about 5 years and they still look like new with zero maintenance other than wipe down when wet, they are gray. The closed cell foam is pretty stiff, not as yielding as the old sponge filled kind.

Claygr

Feb 10, 2014
Catalina 387 Milwaukee, WI
We have them on our stern rail seats and really like them. They stay out all the time and have held up very well.

Jul 23, 2015
catalina 2-34 oregon
Depends on what the issues you are having with your cushions, I found some information for you. I did not get a link to the site but, I am sure you could find it if this is interesting to you. This lady said she found this green high density foam 1 inch thick (IDL 140) that she stuck in the bottom of her existing cushions and it stopped her but from bottoming out as well as made sleeping much better. Then she proceeded to say you could use poll batting to add more padding to the upper portion of the cushion to make it that much nicer, space providing. She went on further to discribe to someone needing néw cushions all together; if space is providing, make 5" thick cushions with 2" the high density (IDL 140) green foam on bottom of cushion the middle use 3" cheap poll (IDL 37-45) with as much poll batting as you can fit. Then have a local shop sew up the cushions in the sunbrella fabric. Either at a local shop or yourself. My understanding from research, avoid dark or bright colors, they are hot. Use white it was the least issue causing but, I hear a light grey is nice too. Good luck in your ventures, I hope this helps. I paraphrased everything.