Strictly Sail Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2004
Macgregor Venture 25 Trailer Sailor
After getting the latest good news from my oncologist we decided to celebrate with a trip. At first I thought about going some place warm, but most of those places were to far away and/or to expensive. We have talked about Strictly Sail - Chicago as a fun thing to do for many years. We decided to take the train to Chicago, stay downtown along the river and go to the show. I know I will never own such fine sailing crafts that will be on display, but I just want to dream about sailing. You can take the sailor out of the boat, but you can't take the boat out of the sailor. I would enjoy meeting up with fellow trailer sailors, so if you're going maybe we can meet and swap sailing stories.
BTW my new goal is to sail this coming summer. So the boat is NOT FOR SALE!

Dec 16, 2011
MacGregor 25 swing keel Torch Lake MI
After getting the latest good news from my oncologist we decided to celebrate with a trip. At first I thought about going some place warm, but most of those places were to far away and/or to expensive. We have talked about Strictly Sail - Chicago as a fun thing to do for many years. We decided to take the train to Chicago, stay downtown along the river and go to the show. I know I will never own such fine sailing crafts that will be on display, but I just want to dream about sailing. You can take the sailor out of the boat, but you can't take the boat out of the sailor. I would enjoy meeting up with fellow trailer sailors, so if you're going maybe we can meet and swap sailing stories.
BTW my new goal is to sail this coming summer. So the boat is NOT FOR SALE!
I have attended this show every year now for the last 5 years and never get tired of it. Might have something to do the the time of the season. I start having withdraws as soon as I put the boat in storage every year. You would think after being on the water for over 50 years I might be get over this probelm but I dont. I tried to get my wife to do the train thing, but lost that battle. Enjoy the show, we havent decided what date we are going yet.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
Phil the health news is great news!!

You might also want to check in on one of the other boards as it looks like some of the guys there are going to the show...

http://www.macgregor26x.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19767&sid=a959aa1315ae5d6549a0da6b5189b1e8

Hope you all have a good time,

Sum

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Our Endeavour 37[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Our Trips to Utah, Idaho, Canada, Florida[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Our MacGregor S Pages[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Mac-Venture Links[/FONT]

Dec 29, 2009
Seidelman S-37 Mobile
Congratulations on your good news. I too am a cancer patient diagnosed in November this year. Hope you have a wonderful trip. I still have a long way to go but my prognosis is good and my oncologist assures me I will be fine. I have weekly treatments of one chemo drug and every three weeks the strong stuff for five more sessions then surgery and radiation.

God Bless you and yours and have a wonderful new year.

May 26, 2004
Macgregor Venture 25 Trailer Sailor
Cancer Sucks

I am so sorry to hear about your recent cancer diagnoses. I am sure your mind is working overtime dealing with this new journey in life. I hope your treatments are successful and keeps you sailing into the future.
Phil Brown
Cancer Survivor - 14 months

Congratulations on your good news. I too am a cancer patient diagnosed in November this year. Hope you have a wonderful trip. I still have a long way to go but my prognosis is good and my oncologist assures me I will be fine. I have weekly treatments of one chemo drug and every three weeks the strong stuff for five more sessions then surgery and radiation.

God Bless you and yours and have a wonderful new year.

Dec 29, 2009
Seidelman S-37 Mobile
Re: Cancer Sucks

Thanks Phil for your kind words. Yes, my mind could go in a thousand directions if I let it but I am trying to be optimistic and just take it one day at a time and deal with it as it comes.

Oct 6, 2011
CM 32 USA
Good News! If they decided you are well, it means your insurance ran out. The only difference between a doctor and a lawyer is one is too lazy to get dressed to go to work, and works in pajamas.

Oct 6, 2007
Hunter H30 1982 Chicago IL
Glad to hear you got good news and I can't think of a better way to celebrate. I never miss Strictly Sail - Chicago, but then I live here and it's only 20 minutes away. Call me delusional, but I choose to view it as the first sign of spring.
Not sure what your schedule is, but I usually try to tour the boats on Thursday or Friday when it's less crowded, then focus on the presentations and classes on Saturday and/or Sunday. Either way, you'll have a great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.