Stowable Swim ladder

Nov 30, 2015
Sirius 21 Conestoga Lake, Ontario
I don't have a swim ladder installed on my Sirius transom. My stern areas are occupied with other things. Could someone recommend a well fitting, easy access, easily stowed, swim ladder to fit over the cockpit gunwales when needed?

LuzSD

Feb 21, 2009
Catalina 30 San Diego/ Dana Point, Ca.
I probably am going to get labeled as the alarmist of the week over this but you maybe want to rethink why you would have a ladder in the first place. Under all perfect conditions, you would pull it out and set it up when you are at anchor and want to swim correct? but what about falling off accidently when you are solo on the boat, sailing with someone who is not well capable of retrieving you, or you fall off in your slip....(which seems to be the most common place to slip in!). If your dock does not have ladders at the ends of some of the slips or docks, (ours does not) and any number of other situations that come up when you suddenly find yourself in the water.

There are many treads here about this subject so I won't make myself more of a target than I am already.... but a ladder is really important and how you attach it so that you can reach the trip cord easily from the water is something too many forget about until its needed.

To me, having a ladder that you have stowed except when you want it is similar to having a Life Sling on the boat but packed away nicely and just bring it out in terrible weather conditions. Hope this is helpful to you.

jwing

Jun 5, 2014
ODay Mariner Guntersville
I'm perfectly happy with my Jif Marine EPV4 4-STEP TELESCOPING GUNWALE HOOK LADDER.

I chose the 400 - lb capacity unit. It is well-made, sturdy, the moving parts slide easily, and is easily climbable.

Nov 26, 2008
Endeavour 42 Cruisin
Our mid ship boarding gate is about 48" off the water. The 4 step hook ladders are about 48" long. Cant climb out of the water with that. The 5 step will put the first step 12" below water, I don't think that will work either. Can't find any 6 step telescoping ladders and I don't like the folding ladders I have seen.

Anyone know of a 6 step telescoping ladder?