stove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

May 30, 2009
2 22 Saranac Lake
Hi All~
Just wondering if anyone has a stove on board their sirius? We are looking around and its hard to find one that fits into the opening without having to enlarge what already exists. Thinking about propane. Any thoughts or experience in this area?
Thanks!

Apr 12, 2007
Sirius 21 Barrie ON
Echo, I have a single burner butane stove for Windrush. Fits with plenty of room. I also have a dual burner, proper marine alcohol stove that fits as well, although I like the butane better, as refueling is much easier. I like to remove the cylinder when the stove is not in use, as there is leakage! I generally bring the stove to the cockpit when I'm cooking, or making my morning pot of coffee:D
I also have a Magma grill mounted on the stern rail. This can also convert to a stove by removing the grill. I couldn't live without my Magma!!:dance: Nuthin like burgers, steaks or whatever done on the grill!

Eric
S/V Windrush
Barrie ON

BillyG

Jun 18, 2009
2 Sirius 21 S. L. Simcoe
Glad to see a Sirius owner's group. First time checking into the forum. We've recently purchased a '78, sail #156. Yep, we have what appears to be the factory 2-burner alcohol stove. Any decent heat generated by these units? Gosh, the Admiral needs that morning tea - pronto.

Apr 12, 2007
Sirius 21 Barrie ON
Hi Billy!
You're on Lake Simcoe?? Where?
Congrats on your "new" boat!
Try out your stove at home one day, to get a feel for how long it takes. It's not as fast as the stove in your house. I need my coffee in the morning pronto as well! It does take longer with an alcohol, but generally I'm in no rush to go anywhere when I'm on the boat. That's why I sail:D I've cooked many meals on my alcohol stove, and sometimes burned supper. It does get hot!
My butane seems to take nearly as long. Alcohol is very safe tho. You can put out the flame with water.

FYI there's a bunch of us over on the Yahoo Groups page, under Siriusowners, if your interested.

Welcome again.

Eric

BillyG

Jun 18, 2009
2 Sirius 21 S. L. Simcoe
Hi Billy!
You're on Lake Simcoe?? Where?
Congrats on your "new" boat!
Try out your stove at home one day, to get a feel for how long it takes. It's not as fast as the stove in your house. I need my coffee in the morning pronto as well! It does take longer with an alcohol, but generally I'm in no rush to go anywhere when I'm on the boat. That's why I sail:D I've cooked many meals on my alcohol stove, and sometimes burned supper. It does get hot!
My butane seems to take nearly as long. Alcohol is very safe tho. You can put out the flame with water.

FYI there's a bunch of us over on the Yahoo Groups page, under Siriusowners, if your interested.

Welcome again.

Eric

Thanks so much for the warm welcome Eric. We purchased our "new" vessel and have had a few outings, both at 15+ knots, as well as light airs....lovely!

We're located SE of Beaverton and are presently daysailing out of Sibbald's Park...

Status
Not open for further replies.