Story

shine

Sep 14, 2009
Macgregor 1985 25 ft. Macgregor swingkeel Mo
Over the last year or so I have emailed captain Ron for some advice with my 25 Mac swingkeel. We have the same boat except I bought mine 2 years ago, he bought his brand new in 1985. I guess we have had 3 or 4 emails. He lives near Baltimore and I live in southwest Missouri. I was traveling to visit my son who lives between Baltimore and DC. So I emailed Ron and asked him if he would be interested in taking me sailing on his boat. I really thought the odds were slim that he would be available or interested and you know how weather can change things etc. Well it turned out that he was very interested and when I casually told my other son who lives in Jersey City , he asked if he could join us. So here is a picture of the three of us. My son Jake on left myself Mark/Shine and Captain Ron on the right. The weather was perfect and we all had a great day of sailing . I was so glad I reached out to him.

Attachments

Jul 29, 2010
Macgregor 76 V-25 #928 Lake Mead, Nevada
It's a small world afterall. in 50 years of sailing I have, with minor exceptions, met some of the nicest people and made some lifelong friends. I'm always reminded of Moby Dick by Herman Melville, Call me Ishmael. "Some years ago...." and Wind in the Willows, "There is nothing have so much worth doing as messing about in boats....The two things missing on Lake Mead are salt and a horizon. Thanks for sharing.