Spinnaker for 290?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gregg

Does anyone have any experience buying/using a spinnaker on a 290? I checked HOW chandlery, and they say they have no sails for the 290, yet when I configure the sail online, it gives me specs for the 290. Also, any special deck hardware required? Only have the 2 stock winches on the cabin top.

A

Andy

On the 29.5

we fly an asymetrical spindaker. Additional equipment required: turning blocks attached to stern puplit and aft winches. I strongly suggest you get a dousing sock with the spinaker

S

Steve

Same as 320/326...

The 290 is the same boat as the current 306, at least as far as rigging and hull, like the 320 is the same as a 326. I flew an ASM on my 320, and it only had the two winches on top of the cabin like yours. The tack can go under the anchor roller and tied off to a forward cleat. The sheets run aft to a block on the "U"s welded on the lower part of your arch. I used the sock, and it was easy to fly. It really helped in light air. BTW, I just went through the HOW site up to ordering an ASM for the 290. Price was $995 plus @268 for the sock. Steve

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
The lack of 290 sails

...means we don't have pre-estimated jobs and genoas in the store. But the sails you configure online, like mains and spinnakers, can be made easily and quotes are available online. Any questions just send an email to help@hunterowners.com

B

Bill O'Donovan

Bowsprit

Once you get settled, I can send you free pix of how to install a sturdy 8-foot bowsprit that will extend out the prow by 4 feet, effectively throwing the spin out front far enough that it won't get blanketed by the main. A dozen folks on this site have enjoyed the project. email me at bodonovan@vagazette.com

Status
Not open for further replies.