Solid Boom Vang

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Robert Dean

Looking for a recommendation for a solid boom vang for a Hunter Legend 35. I have been doing quite a bit of racing and it appears that a good boom vang is needed. I have a block and tackle system now but a stronger solid tube appears to be a better system.

B

Bob Blackmann

Vang

Robert, Check out www.garhauer.com Excellent quality and the best price around. Bob

M

Mark Dixon - UK sailmakers

rigid vang

The Boomkicker is a well made, inexpesive solution. They're easy to install, and don't require any modification to your existing sytem. The model 1500 for your boat (the largest size) would cost less than $300. regards, Mark

J

Jim Rushing

Boomkicker

I also have a Boomkicker on my 35.5. Had it for about 5 years now and wouldn't trade it for anything. Never have to leave the cockpit when reefing. The guy that owns the company is I think in Chicago and is great to work with.

R

ROBERT DEN

SOLID BOOM BANG

Many thanks for the good words about the solid boom vang. I am still looking for the perfect vang. Does anyone out there have a boom vang kicker that is made of plastic rods. Believe it is called a boom "kicker". Bob Dean S/V Sunance

J

Jim Rushing

Boomkicker

Robert, I have had a boomkicker for about four years now. Without one, you have to go to the mast in order to reef the main sail. If I really need to reef, the one thing I don't want to be doing is to get out of the cockpit. I also got tired of hitting the bimini with the boom when I drop the sail.

M

Mark - UK sailmakers

Boomkicker

If anyone has trouble in finding the Boomkicker rigid vang, feel free to contact me at ukessex@uksailmakers.com We've sold more of those than all other types, and I just put one on my new boat. Good product at a great price. Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.