• Mobile App For Android Now Online!

Download it here. The app is searchable in the Google Play Store under Sailboat Owners.

Sorry iPhone/iPad users, we are still waiting on Apple. :(

Click the X in the upper right corner to make this go away

Smallest boat with dedicated shower?

Jan 18, 2021
Hunter 26 Wasaga Beach
When I first saw my Beneteau on the hard at the AYS dealership, I fell in love. 6 months later I bought it once the money came in. One of the reasons was the head. It has alot of room, a teak seat in what is the shower area. I put up thingies to hang a shower curtain on. A week after I bought it, my club had a rendezvous at a marina. I opened the boat up to show it off. The first lady into the head ( I could hear her through the open port), she said, "My god... that's not a HEAD, that's a BATHROOM!". Money well spent.
Which Beneteau?

Jan 25, 2007
Cal Cal 33-2 cape cod
Yes, get a boat with proper shower, if I may also recommend. Ivation portable outdoor shower (keeps indoor shower very clean) beach sand, and suntan lotion = outside shower, low flow, makes a gallon water go a mile. You can shower outside on deck. (bathing suit gets clean too) I have 2 adults with 3 kids, keeps inside of my Cal 33 spotless. Also I use gizmo for washing down deck, cleaning dinghy, and washing dishes. Recharges from USB. Ivation + 5 gallon bucket = EASY.

Attachments

• Helpful
Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Yes I'm looking for a boat between 30-40'. Something easily to maintain and manage in tight marinas etc but still roomy enough for me and the mrs.
When were looking for a new boat to take an extended sailing trip, we found ~35 feet was a sweet spot. Large enough to have some decent amenities, shower, decent galley, livable space and ease of handling, lower operation costs, and cheaper transient marina rates. Going from 35 to 40 feet can easily add $10 a night to marina costs. Doesn't sound like much and it isn't on a week or two cruise through the Great Lakes, however on a year long cruise it can add up quickly.

Many people who look for "the getaway" boat focus on sailing characteristics and hull design. While important, no one likes to sail a dog of a boat, they are not the most important characteristics. For my money, livability is most important. This will be a small space can you and your wife live comfortably together in about 300 sq feet? Do you have comfortable spots to get away from each other at "those" moments? And do you like looking at the space around you? Even on a summer vacation cruise more time is spent in the boat at anchor or at a dock then actually sailing.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Rarely does a story with the topics 'couple', 'live-aboard', 'Caribbean' and 'smallest boat' end well.

In any case, I'd focus on where the shower drains.