Size of block and pulley for main sheet

Nov 18, 2015
Sirius 21 Oyster Bay, NY
Can anyone tell me the size of the fiddle block and pulley they use for their main sheet system. I am trying to order online to save money and the sizes do not mean a lot to me. On a side note: This is the first time I have had to buy sailing hardware and I am experiencing sticker shock. $20 for a shackle at West Marine??? It seems like they are making this stuff out of gold.

Jul 14, 2015
Catalina 30 Stillhouse Hollow Marina
You want something that will fit a line 3/8 to 1/2 inch

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
Get out our owners manual and it will list those parts. a PO may have changed out stuff that does not support the loads Hunter designed the boom/cabin top to support.
Good luck

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
harken publishes very good advisory on how and what to use rigging just google harken and a wealth of information will come up

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Can anyone tell me the size of the fiddle block and pulley they use for their main sheet system. I am trying to order online to save money and the sizes do not mean a lot to me. On a side note: This is the first time I have had to buy sailing hardware and I am experiencing sticker shock. $20 for a shackle at West Marine??? It seems like they are making this stuff out of gold.
Garhauer Marine will give you best bang for buck.... You can also call their customer service for qualified advice.

Nov 18, 2015
Sirius 21 Oyster Bay, NY
Thanks for everyone's help. I found the hardware I needed. Just need to get the motor I bought up and running again and I will be all set for a Christmas eve day sail