Single point Lifting Harness (Sling) for Catalina 22 Swing Keel

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 22 CHARLESTON SC
I am requesting information on using a single point lift harness/sling to hoist my 2004 Catalina 22 MkII from the trailer to launch. Thanks in advance. Tray

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
This is done commonly as far as I understand your question. Dave Condon who posts on this site would be the authority on the technique. I saw a set up for this in Watch Hill RI. It looks kind of Rube Goldberg-ish to me, but professional riggers would probably yawn at the procedure.
A fork lift would have no trouble with a boat like that.

Mar 2, 2018
Catalina Wing Keel San Diego
My 22 wing Keel came with a very heavy duty single hoist cable system along with a very beefy metal plate and eye that is bolted to the bilge / keel bolts. Looks very good but I have only had my boat lifted by slings.

Jun 21, 2011
Catalina 22 MKII Scarborough, Ontario
Somewhere, either on this site or perhaps in the C22NSA technical guide I have seen a picture of the single hoist cable system attached to the keel bolts on the wing keel model. (It may have been the one that Capt Don referred to on his C18.)
I am interested in using a similar system on our C16wk that we keep at our cottage and would appreciate any further information on this, particularly relating to the hardware required to be attached to the wing keel bolts and where these can be obtained.

Jun 21, 2011
My 22 wing Keel came with a very heavy duty single hoist cable system along with a very beefy metal plate and eye that is bolted to the bilge / keel bolts. Looks very good but I have only had my boat lifted by slings.
Do you have any photos of this equipment, and do you know the name of the supplier, or does it appear to have been constructed by the PO?

Jun 21, 2011
I finally located the thread that provided additional information on this topic. It goes back to 2013 and attracted significant interest at that time. I hope that by posting this link it will generate further interest and discussion.
I am planning to use this type of hoisting equipment on my smaller Catalina Capri 16 wing keel sailboat that we keep at our cottage.

pics or specs on lifting strap/eye bolt plate