shaft strut seeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Ken Edwards

My C-30 is out of the water, and the snow is melting. I just noticed the point where the strut attaches to the hull is seeping a little water. It does not look like a single piece (small line all the way around), but it moves little, or none. I would hate to think what I would need to do to get at this on the inside. Has anyone experienced this? and What am I in for?

vy80

Jun 4, 2004
- - boston
Strut seepage

The strut is mounted into a ressesed part of the hull, bolted in place and then fiared over. You might be looking at trapped water that is just now seeping out.

M

Mike

I have some seepage too!

This winter I noticed a tiny bit of seepage around the strut and had the yard manager look at it. He tapped, yanked, pulled and told me not to worry about it. A few weeks later I noticed it again and had him look again. We found a puddle of water in the recess aft of the fuel tank. He again told me not to worry about the seepage, but I gotta find out why the cockpit is leaking so badly. The bilge keeps filling up. I'm thinking that one of the hoses from a scupper has a hole. One of them was replaced in the fall. Should have done them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.