Shade tree awning

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Norton Hustwayte

This is for Phil: We bought a shade tree awning for our Hunter 26-this summer we traded up to a Beneteau First 310- Can we get longer bows for the awning to suit the wider beam on the Beneteau? Would that work on the bigger boat ? Is there any market for an awning used only twice? Norton Hustwayte SV "Cest la Vie!!"

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
Hi Norton!

I'll make sure Bly reads this; I'm sure she can find out what alterations would be required - or are possible - to make this work. How do you like your new boat? a lot more room, eh? ph.

C

cs

similiar here

Have a similiar situation w/ replacing our h27 awning now that we also have a f310.I had basically copied the shadetree design using sunbrella and 3/4 in pvc. Will probably make a new larger one but am now playing w/ a blue tarp to try ideas before committing to the cost of sunbrella. Pls share your solution w/ this site CS

B

Bly Berken

Not a great idea

Norton - I talked to Shadetree about using your existing awning with more bows on your Beneteau 310. Unfortunately, to add all the necessary bows and straps would cost $125 or so. Plus, you would have a very short awning. I believe your clear area from the aft most shroud back to the backstay is about 162 inches and the awning you have is only 114 inches. You would be better off selling the one you have and buying the size larger. You can always list it in Gear Here. Sorry we don't have an easier solution. Bly

Status
Not open for further replies.