sailing podcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2004
Oday 322 St Clair Shores
Those of us who live in colder climates up north need various ways to get our sailing fix in the off season. Reading and this website are great for that. I have also recently stumbled upon sailing podcasts as another great way to get me through the winter months, as I drive to and from work. My favorite is FurledSails. Anyone else find interesting podcasts?

W

Warren Milberg

I think Good Old Boat

is offering a number of sailing books in iPod and other formats. See link

T

T J Furstenau

Speaking of Youtube

Ran across this today - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDToL593cmU

May 17, 2007
HUNTER 25.5 St. Augustine
Now this is fast

This is exhilerating... the sailing, not the kites boards.

A

Anchor Down

Ironing out a Few Wrinkles in the Gray Matter

iPod is not a format: it's a piece of hardware. iTunes is a piece of software that is used by the hardware. Mp3 is a format. Played by the software (for example, iTunes), on the hardware (perhaps an iPod, but my laptop plays Mp3s using iTunes as well). Now don't give me that look: you know I'm right.

A

Anchor Down

Furled Sails Podcast

I listen to the Furled Sails podcast too. It's good only because there is really no competition. It's someone else's hobby that I get to enjoy, though I must admit the husband and wife duo has gotten better over the last year. Still, their experience is so limited, I sometimes must smile at their ignorance when an interviewee must explain what a simple piece of gear is to them, or where the Marquesas are. Don't get me wrong: they're pioneers, very likeable, and I admire them. But they ain't slick. Jeff

May 31, 2004
Catalina 28 Branford
Original question

I think you were looking for other podcasts like Furled Sails. Check out the Sailing Channel, which is a video podcast. I especially like their program on rehabbing an Alberg 30. btw, I agree with Anchor Down about the hosts of Furled Sails: very likable, but not very skilled interviewers or polished program hosts. Don't get me wrong, the programs are enjoyable, and most of the guests are interesting. In fact, some of the best programs have been where the guests have been obviously more experienced at giving interviews than Christy and Noel are at asking questions. Its part of their charm. My fervent hope is that they continue to produce the shows and they continue to improve their skills. The production and sound quality of their shows has greatly improved over the past year. Even on the more "professionally" produced Sailing Channel programs, the lack of experience of some of the hosts is evident. I'm not looking for network-quality productions, but it would be nice to see a little polish to these programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.