Sailing Lake Shasta, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dan

Yo Trailer Sailors !%0d%0a%0d%0aAm planning trip to Northern California%2e%0d%0aHas anyone out there sailed Lake Shasta %3f%0d%0aAny other sailing hot spots or advise for NoCal%3f%0d%0a%0d%0athx%2e%2e%2e%2edan

M

Michael Shomate

Need more infor please.

Dan: In your response to the article "Is sailing the 26 as nice as the video shows", I responded to your list of necisities with this request: I took delivery of a new 26x about 6 weeks ago. I have most of you list now, but I would like more info. on how you rigged your Topping lift line for boom and Bug screens for forward hatch and cabin door. If you could email me a description (and pictures would be helpful too) I would greatly appreciate it. Michael Shomate mshomate@bellsouth.net Charlotte, NC

D

dan

topping lift line

Hi Michael.... Am going down to slip at Lake Pueblo today and will take some pics. 1.Topping Lift-5/16 double braid from masthead backstay fitting to rear of boom with a caribener. Tie a small line circle to the boom to attach the caribener. Adjust line to go just above bimini. Pull mainsheet in tight when sails are down to stabilize boom. Do not attach line to boom cleat. The pull is not centered and will bend your boom fitting at the mast. 2.Bug Screens-3/4" velcro fuzz around hatches. 3/4" velcro hooks sewn on to fiberglass bug screen with 1" nylon facing on back. Just stick velcro fuzz to boat first with hooks attached(sticky side out). Push bug screen on to velcro to form screen. Remove carefully- trim and sew facing on to sandwich the screen between the velcro and the facing. You don't have BUGS in NC do you ??? Happy Velcro.........dan

Status
Not open for further replies.