safety net

Feb 21, 2013
Macgregor 26M N Topsail Beach, NC
Is there a net made or a device to cover the hole under the seat to the motor well. I accidently knocked my GPS off the mount and lost it through the motor well hold. I have also dropped various other objects. I suppose I could rig something but just wondering what other people are doing.

Dec 8, 2007
-mac 26M -26M tucson-san carlos mx
Is there a net made or a device to cover the hole under the seat to the motor well. I accidently knocked my GPS off the mount and lost it through the motor well hold. I have also dropped various other objects. I suppose I could rig something but just wondering what other people are doing.
Like most everything for the 26M, youll have to rig something up yourself.

Nov 23, 2011
MacGregor 26D London Ontario Canada
I lost a brand new HD camera off the stern this last summer. It lasted all of about 3 min...
I'm investing in a piece of string for next season.

Mar 20, 2012
Cal 34-III, MacGregor 25 Salem, Oregon
after the first thing that was donated down the scupper, I would have cut a piece of sunbrella, hemmed it nicely and added some snaps to it.... and covered enough of the hole that the second thing I dropped at my feet would still be in my posession.:D

Nov 19, 2011
MacGregor 26S Hampton, VA
I lost a brand new HD camera off the stern this last summer. It lasted all of about 3 min... I'm investing in a piece of string for next season.
I hate for you to absorb the cost of a whole piece of string all at once. You wanna go halfsies on a longer one and cut it in half?

Dec 8, 2007
-mac 26M -26M tucson-san carlos mx
I've found it simpler to always keep a scuba tank and a pair of goggles on board as dropping stuff overboard usually occurs at anchor less then 30 feet of water at cocktail hour.