Sacramento/Foothill Area Mac26M help

May 31, 2020
Macgregor 26M Auburn
Recently bought a ‘05 26M. Looking for help in initially setting up & running lines on boat. Previous owner health issues couldn’t help. I want to make sure boat is proper before hitting the water.....
I’m in the Auburn area... Thanks

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Congratulations on you nw Mac and welcome to the forum!! Where do you plan to sail near Auburn? I am in Point Richmond in the SF Bay and could meet you to provide assistance.

Macgregor 26M owner's instructions attached.
youtube video on Fitting and Stepping the MacGregor 26 mast single handed raising:
youtube video on Macgregor 26M rigging:

Attachments

May 31, 2020
Macgregor 26M Auburn
Going to try a few local, mellow lakes. Rollins Lake and Scott’s Flat Lake.
I would appreciate your help in correctly rigging and setting up boat....

May 31, 2020
Macgregor 26M Auburn
I’m a new member here, restricting PM for 24 hrs. You can send your contact info of choice to me: marcdenzin@gmail.com
My days off from work are Sun-Mon...
I am flexible those days to meet. Boat currently on trailer here. I’ve got mast raised. I’ve attached boom, but never raised main sail. Self furling jib unfurled a bit, I’ve got it bungeed to headstay. Haven’t ran motor yet (it has 78 hrs and clean bill of health from outboard mechanic) or electronic chart (Lowrance Elite 9)
I’ve got small solar charger on batteries, they always have 12.5 when I check battery switch. I can send you photos of anything you want to give you clear picture of boat and current situation. Thanks again for your help

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
12.5 volts seems kind of low for a fully topped off battery. It should be between 13.2 and 13.4 without a load and fully charged.