S2 9.2c

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jay

I'm Looking at a S2 9.2c and was wondering if anyone had any comments about the boat Im was told it is a blue water cap. just looking for some opinions Thanks

M

Mike

Love this boat

i have had my 9.2c since 2002 and have lived aboard since 2004. i love this boat. i'm just at the tail end of a complete refit. the boat wasn't that rough, but one thing led to another. if i can be of any assistance, let me know. my email is mikethecapt@hotmail.com

R

Robert August

great boat

I bought my '78 9.2c back in April and have lived aboard since September. I found that the room below compares to boats that are larger (35 footers generally) and the large double berth was the thing that really sealed the deal. Since I've been aboard several months now and have gotten into the various systems I've found S2's original work to be of high quality, though some of what had been done in the intervening years has not lived up to that. For being a relatively short center cockpit boat with a bit of windage she seems to be a fair sailer, dry and great with the wind on her beam (Had a great sail down Colvos passage when moving Puffin from Seattle to Olympia) Overall I feel lucky to have found this boat at this time in my life. Rob August S/V Puffin Olympia, WA

R

Ray

Portlight replacements

Mike, Any ideas or detailed information on replacement of portlights?

R

Ray

Portlight replacements

Mike, Any ideas or detailed information on replacement of portlights?

Mar 14, 2007
S2 9.2A Seattle, WA
Portlight

S2 9.2A Ports I replaced the ports in my S2 9.2A with 1/4" Bronze Tinted Plexiglas. I was told that Plexiglas was more resistant to crazing than Lexan. The S2 site says to use sealant to bed the windows, but I used Glazer's Tape instead. It's a neoprene tape with glue on both sides, it's not as messy as sealant and seems to be working just fine. I used 1/8" thick tape, but I think 1/16" might work better. The ports are also through bolted to the structure. There, I used SS screws into SS Tee Nuts that I got at Fisheries Supply in Seattle. They should be available in LA also. No leaks in almost three years. I wrote a longer post on this subject 1-2 years ago, don't remember exactly when, it might be in the archives.

Mar 14, 2007
S2 9.2A Seattle, WA
Portlight

S2 9.2A Ports I replaced the ports in my S2 9.2A with 1/4" Bronze Tinted Plexiglas. I was told that Plexiglas was more resistant to crazing than Lexan. The S2 site says to use sealant to bed the windows, but I used Glazer's Tape instead. It's a neoprene tape with glue on both sides, it's not as messy as sealant and seems to be working just fine. I used 1/8" thick tape, but I think 1/16" might work better. The ports are also through bolted to the structure. There, I used SS screws into SS Tee Nuts that I got at Fisheries Supply in Seattle. They should be available in LA also. No leaks in almost three years. I wrote a longer post on this subject 1-2 years ago, don't remember exactly when, it might be in the archives.

Status
Not open for further replies.