rigging ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

george

I was looking through catalogs trying to come across some way of decreasing the rigging time when putting the boat in the water. I thought of using quick release marine pins on the forward shrouds and forestay but worry that they may not be sturdy enough. Forestay release levers are expensive. I also saw something called a fine tune shroud adjuster that might make rigging easier. Any ideas to get away from clevis and cotter pins would make rigging less of a hassle.

N

neil

pins

The "quick release" pins are just as strong as the cotter pin type, the strength comes from the material and diameter of the pin, not the locking method. Quick releases are great however they are around $10 a piece (from Defender Marine)Don't wanna drop one in the water! You may want to try using split rings instead of cotter pins!

J

Jim

Quick Release Pins

I've used the quick release pins for several years without failure. I doubt if they're quite as strong since they have a hole down the middle for the release mechanism. Be sure to attach a small sting to them and attach them to the boat so you don't drop them overboard. They're expensive. When you sell your boat you can take them with you to maintain your investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.