rigging diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2009
Sirius 21 Pelican Yacht Club, Manitoba
Does anyone know where I can find a rigging diagram for my 1977 Sirius 21?
Daryl

rwb

Apr 23, 2009
2 Sirius21 North Bay
rigging

Hi Daryl, you can download the Sirius manual from the "siriusowners" web site. They are located in the files section and are listed as Sirius A,B,C. This should provide you with the info to set up your boat's rigging. The manual will show the proper way to rig your mast, setting up your stays (standing rigging) and your running rigging.

Just a note...ensure you lock the turnbuckle screws, if you have the open body type. Some boats may have the closed types which use a locking nut. After you rig the standing rigging to align the mast and bring them to the proper tension. I use "hitch pins" vise cotter pins so that I can readjust as need be. The locking of the turnbuckles was brought to my attention from another sailor. His friend had been demasted due to his turnbuckles unwinding.

rwb

Apr 23, 2009
2 Sirius21 North Bay
correction to manual info

Sorry but I must correct some info...the Sirius manual is in the files section but are listed as...sect1,2,3. My mistake....Bob

M

merry_baribeau@yahoo.com

Sirius 21 Rigging Manual

Sorry but I must correct some info...the Sirius manual is in the files section but are listed as...sect1,2,3. My mistake....Bob
I am trying to find this "siriusowners" website and cannot find it. We just purchased a 1981 Sirius 21 and are looking for a rigging manual. I tried the Yahoo Groups but couldn't get through to find anything. Is there a link that can be provided to the website?

May 7, 2009
2 Sirius 21 Rideau Ferry, Ontario
This is the yahoo sirius owners web site. You need to become a member if you wish to access pictures and files

George

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/siriusowners/

I am trying to find this "siriusowners" website and cannot find it. We just purchased a 1981 Sirius 21 and are looking for a rigging manual. I tried the Yahoo Groups but couldn't get through to find anything. Is there a link that can be provided to the website?

Status
Not open for further replies.