Rick Webb's boat slip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Calgary, Canada
Rick - I can't see the flag pole when looking straight down at your marina. Where's your boat? See link below... I sent Arturo a private email but didn't hear back. I was asking about the sailing life in his area. I see you are fairly close, about 45 miles by water? How far can you get (and back) when day sailing? Do you make overnight trips? If so, where to and do you anchor, pick up moaring balls, run up on the beach, or stay in visitor marine slips? Do you stay in the bays and sound, or "go outside"? I don't suppose the beaches and water are as wonderful as the pictures that Brian and Steph post from the Keys and Bahamas? Can you at least swim everywhere you sail? Do babes shower on their swim platforms? Hey, gimme a break...I have 3 inches of snow on my lawn already. :( A year or two ago somebody from Florida complained (OK, maybe merely stated) that they pull their boat out for 4 months of the year --- because it's too HOT to sail. I may or may not have bitten my tongue at the time, given the 4 month sailing season where I live... I'm not quite 53 but I'm already starting to understand the attraction to the Canadian Snowbird syndrome. ...RickM...

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Here it is

Looks like it was not too long after Ivan came through. The boat is in the driveway of the house on the corner with a pool. My slip in the other picture is the third one down from the walkway to the docks. There is a large powerboat next to the walkway an empty slip then my empty slip.

Status
Not open for further replies.