Rerouting instrument wiring - Hunter 34

Artey1

Jul 18, 2019
Hunter 34 Oklahoma
I'm trying to finish my new instrument install and I'm having trouble finding a good path for the wiring on my H34. I'm going from the electrical panel area where my ITC-5 is going to be mounted near, up to the inset area where the headliner is mounted, and I want to come out by the sliding hatch. I've never had the sea hood off of this boat and don't really want to peel that huge thing off if I can help it. From what I can tell though, I have 3 layers of glass to go through. 1 - the inner liner, 2 the actual cabin top, 3 a portion of the sea hood. How would I go about getting holes in all the proper places and sealing it correctly? My instruments will sit in a pod I'm making right behind the sliding hatch and between the main sheet.

Pictures for the two areas in question.
Inside cabintop.jpg

Companionway.jpg

Artey1

Jul 18, 2019
Hunter 34 Oklahoma
Claude Auger tried to help me with this, but I just couldn't make sense of the pictures for the final leg of the wiring. Claude's install was really great!

splax

Nov 12, 2012
Hunter 34 Portsmouth
aft and to port I have a cabin liner panel, which if removed might allow you to drill for the wires and come out the side of the upper hatch track