Replacing the Atomic 4 in a Pearson 10M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 22, 2007
- - San Francisco Bay
Has anyone replaced a Atomic 4 in a Pearson 10M with a Westerbeke 30 (the old W30 not the new W30B)? Appreciate your help here.

Ariel

Feb 1, 2006
Pearson 36-2 Houston, TX / Rock Hall, MD
engine replacement

Seafever, Go to the Pearsoninfo site for info. Dan has a link to his 10M site and also a referance to the Pearsoncurrent site archives for an engine replacement in a 10M, although they used a Volvo. Dave

Dec 22, 2007
- - San Francisco Bay
Engine replacement

Dave, Thanks. I have seen Barry and Ron's article. However they used a 3 cylinder W30B. I was wondering if someone has used the W30. Barry's article is extremely useful, although I wish they had taken some pictures too...:) Merry Christmas. Mahendra

Jun 8, 2004
Pearson 26W Marblehead
10M engine replacement

Be careful which engine you choose. Make sure its gonna fit with out too many problems. Things are a little tight in the 10M engine compartment

G

Gail

Why not replace with rebuilt A4?

The most trouble-free engine replacement would be to put in a rebuilt A4. You know it will fit. Think about it. The original worked for how many years? Our A4 is working on 30 years this summer. Please don't tell me you're worried about blowing the boat up because the A4 runs on gasoline. Run the bilge blower, take a sniff before firing it up, and you will be fine. A rebuilt A4 would also be a fraction of the cost of a new diesel. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.