Replacement window gaskets for Venture 25

Jun 21, 2020
Macgregor Venture 25 Kentucky Lake
Has anyone tried to replace the rubber gaskets holding the plexiglass windows in a Venture 25. I took one apart and the aluminum looks ok. need gaske

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
I’ve done it on a Mac 22
I replaced with plumbers putty. Not considered the “right” way to do it but that’s what the original looked like when I chipped it out of the frame and it worked great When I replaced it with the same. I rolled it in my palms until it was snake like and laid it in the groove... the excess squeezed out when I bolted the frame in place and I cut the squeezed excess with a knife. It looked good and was water tight

Jun 21, 2020
Macgregor Venture 25 Kentucky Lake
thanks, mine still has the original gaskets but they are worn. I saw in past posts that someone ordered similar parts from Catalina on line. They look similar on their website but I can tell if the dimensions are the same.

Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
Not sure if this is the actual size you would need, but you can hunt from here. I used the CL Laurence stuff on my Mac, but don't remember the size I used. Used a flat stick on rubber strip from Home Depot for the seal between the window frame and the boat.