Replacement Furler for 40.5

Jul 19, 2007
-Hunter 1995-40.5 Hunter Saint Andrews, New Brunswick, Canada
I'm looking for information from other 40.5 owners regarding the brand of furler that they may have used when replacing the original 900 SL furler. I've tried to get parts for the original installed unit without success. I've been having some trouble in the last season with bearings, etc. that have caused some hard furls.

Dec 31, 2011
Hunter 40.5 Seattle
I've replaced with a harken Mark IV. A bit of an overkill, but wanted strong from racing. PM me if you'd like details.

Aug 6, 2009
Hunter 40.5 Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
I just finished replacing mine with a Hood 808SL. Combination of Delrin and SS bearings, open races. Went pretty well, but things are tight up in the bow and under the deck. Had to remove the small section of deck which extends under the SS anchor platform which was easy. It came with the short link plates and I had to have then extended to allow clearance in the V of the bow, anyone replacing with the same unit I'd recommend the long link plates. Other that that it fit well over the existing headstayand turnbuckle. The general directions from Hood (Pompano) were a little sketchy but this isn't rocket science. Nice unit and runs very smoothly so far for me. Available from Defender for under $2K