Replacement for Taylerbrite recessed lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 20, 2006
Hunter 49 Mystic CT
On the 49 the recessed lighting is made by Taylorbright. These are 6" lights and operate on a specific dimmer switch. I have been pretty underwhelmed by the quality of these lights having had a couple die on me even though the profess a 25,000 hour life span. They are expensive partly because I can't find a source for them. I would rather just replace them but I'm concerened that the dimmer switch also made by Taylor would not work properly with any replacement light. Something about "pulse technology" for use with these ccf lights.

Any one have a source for these lights and or has any one tried a different light with good results?

http://www.taylormadeproducts.com/taylorbrite/6in_ccf.html

Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
You are correct on 3 counts

On the 49 the recessed lighting is made by Taylorbright. These are 6" lights and operate on a specific dimmer switch. I have been pretty underwhelmed by the quality of these lights having had a couple die on me even though the profess a 25,000 hour life span. They are expensive partly because I can't find a source for them. I would rather just replace them but I'm concerened that the dimmer switch also made by Taylor would not work properly with any replacement light. Something about "pulse technology" for use with these ccf lights.

Any one have a source for these lights and or has any one tried a different light with good results?

http://www.taylormadeproducts.com/taylorbrite/6in_ccf.html
The light output is crummy. Seen better illumination in the Batcave

The dimmer is custom to the lights. They have a pair of wires which is a modulation input

They are hard to get.

But, short of doing a major ceiling modification, you're stuck with them

Feb 16, 2012
Hunter 45 CC Alamitos Bay, Long Beach
Re: You are correct on 3 counts

I also have them on my 2006 Hunter 45 CC, had to replace the dimmer switch at a cost of $135. Someone must make a replacement in that size, hopefully an LED

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.