Reefing mainsail SF 22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2011
Seafarer 22 Falmouth, MA
greetings,
I recently purchased an '84 Seafarer 22. A question re reefing the main. since there is no reef hook, is a lanyard with a reef hook used? what do other SF owners do to secure reef cringle?
thanks,
Seafaring Guy

Dec 25, 2008
Catalina 34 St. Simons Island
greetings,
I recently purchased an '84 Seafarer 22. A question re reefing the main. since there is no reef hook, is a lanyard with a reef hook used? what do other SF owners do to secure reef cringle?
thanks,
Seafaring Guy
I think the issue with the lack of a reef hook is related to the furling boom present on some models of Seafarers. Although there may be a better way the photos at the included web site illustrate my answer.

https://picasaweb.google.com/jhnewsome17/ROMAReefingMainsail?authkey=Gv1sRgCMjXqp2_7JiFXA#

James Newsome
ROMA S29

Apr 27, 2011
Seafarer 22 Long Island
mailsail reefing

My 1975 S22 has reefing hooks at the cringle, and it looks like the boom was made for them. I beleve from discussions with other s-f owners that the firlling boom was only offered on a few of the older and larger models. I'll try to post a pic next week.
Hquarter
S22 Hale Koa

greetings,
thanks,
Seafaring Guy

Status
Not open for further replies.