Re A/C for C-36 Columbia

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Murray Heimbecker

I am considering putting an A/C unit in the boat. Any suggestions on size (BTU) and particular units you've used and liked?

J

John McKay

Cheap de-humidifier

Bought a 36 about on the 21st of Dec and we love it. For dehumidifying use the 5 dollar model that Home Depot sells, we have three on board and they really suck the moisture out. I am still, and will for some time, be learning all about it the boat my biggest challenge is there is so much wiring. I suppose over the years there was things added and subtracted, wish I new an electrician here in S.D. We live in Tucson and make the drive each weekend. We spent two weeks over Christmas to include New Years staying on it and learning. Good luck

C

Cam

a/c Unit for Columbia 36

I got a hatch-type a/c unit with the boat. It works fine. If you sleep in the v-berth, you could turn it into an icebox by keeping that door closed. However it is only good in the slip with a-c power. There are usually good breezes in the Marina, and last summer I really did not use the a/c at all. If you plan to stay in the marina, consider one of the ones like mine that mount in the hatch. If you have a large plastic box on the dock, you could put it in there when you are away and re-connect it when you return to the slip. Cam Whetstone s/v C36 - Wolf's Den Baltimore, Md.

Status
Not open for further replies.