Raymarine ST1000+ Install on Mac 25

Nov 5, 2014
MacGregor 25 St Marks FL
Does anyone have any photos of an install of Raymarine ST1000+ tiller pilot on a Mac 25? I've made the purchase and soon hope to do the install. Was wondering if anyone has advice on any suplimental hardware needed, or fashioned to facilitate. I have done some searching on the forums but haven't located any info specific to the Mac 25. Thanks.

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
Does anyone have any photos of an install of Raymarine ST1000+ tiller pilot on a Mac 25? I've made the purchase and soon hope to do the install. Was wondering if anyone has advice on any suplimental hardware needed, or fashioned to facilitate. I have done some searching on the forums but haven't located any info specific to the Mac 25. Thanks.
Since I'm frugal and I found the mounting bits and pieces from the OEM to be exorbitant in price I fashioned this mount from extra bimini parts I had laying about.

The tiller pilot in the picture has since been replaced by the same one you have.

My install isn't quite finished yet (as with everything), since I have plans for the wiring and such. I will be gluing the brass bushing into the the flattened piece of round stock to minimize the slop.

Attachments

RussC

Sep 11, 2015
Merit 22- Oregon lakes
1/8" x 1.5" Aluminum strap from the hardware store and a block of oak cut to fit.
s.s. strap was formed for the tiller end, with the pin welded in. the unit stays it it's standby position most of the time however ;) .
P1060012.jpg
P1060013.jpg

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
1/8" x 1.5" Aluminum strap from the hardware store and a block of oak cut to fit.
s.s. strap was formed for the tiller end, with the pin welded in. the unit stays it it's standby position most of the time however ;) .
Impressive!

Sep 25, 2008
Macgregor & Island Packet VENTURE 25 & IP-38 NORTH EAST, MD
I don't have any still pictures of my St2000 install, but you can see it pretty good in this video if you pause it. All I did was drill a hole in the cockpit combing and epoxied the mounting bushing that came with the unit in the hole ( I did epoxy a block of wood inside so the bushing had something substantial to go into). I also had to buy a ram extension piece so the ram would reach the tiller. It works fine and there is nothing there when its not in use.

Nov 5, 2014
MacGregor 25 St Marks FL
Thank you everyone. Some really great ideas. I will steal several of them for sure. Raymarine is certainly proud of their mounting hardware and extension parts judging by the prices, so I am looking with interest at the options above that reduce those purchases.