yamaha 25 refit

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Looking good Andreas. You had plenty of wind to sea trial her. She looked to be enjoying the opportunity.

Jan 30, 2020
WTB WTB Columbia gorge/hood canal
Looks good, well done. Bummer about your prop but sounds like you’ve found a fairly painless solution. So much to remember to attend to on a cruising sailboat with an inboard

Oct 22, 2014
So much to remember to attend to on a cruising sailboat with an inboard
Yes there is. That is why having a note pad and keeping a list is such a good thing.

There is also note taking software if computers are your thing.

A memory is a terrible jogger. I think that is why the :facepalm: emoji was added to the forum.

AJW

Feb 3, 2020
Yamaha Y-30C Bellingham
I'm thinking of installing an ignition interrupt switch that prevents me from starting the engine whenever the clutch is not in neutral...

Oct 22, 2014
That is a good idea. Some engine/transmissions come with them ( mine did) Reach out (pm) to @LeslieTroyer. He has been working on installation of a switch for his Catalina 36. He could share some ideas.

AJW

Feb 3, 2020
Yamaha Y-30C Bellingham
Great, thanks much, John! I'll check in with Leslie when I'm done with my other projects and ready to tackle the interrupt switch.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
That is a good idea. Some engine/transmissions come with them ( mine did) Reach out (pm) to @LeslieTroyer. He has been working on installation of a switch for his Catalina 36. He could share some ideas.
Thanks John. The article was just Published in the MainSheet - devoted to Catalina owners. My install is based on the Hurth transmission but I’m sure you can modify for the Kanzaki. Send me a pm with email and I’ll send it to you

Feb 23, 2022
Yamaha 25 Campbell river
It has come time to do the thruhull and seacock for my engine intake, i am trying to visualize in my head how they possibly got this in there, has anyone replaced them yet and have any pointers about it. Im thinking once i haul out and i have the thruhull out I can jam the new assembly through the open thruhull and hopefully tighten it up afterwards somehow? But am worried about the valve getting in the way. Im hoping i dont have to cut parts of the floor out just to replace the ballvalve/seacock...

Anyone know of a brand of seacocks/ballvalves that are made to be super compact or anything? Im pretty stumped

Attachments

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
Welcome to the group!
Looks like once you are out of the water, you can pull the top and wheel and gate out of the valve to get the body (now that the wheel and stem are gone) to unscrew from the ell. A small, bronze, quarter turn valve may be able to screw back on (without the handle) then you can replace the handle once the valve is installed... Measure carefully. Good Luck.
EDIT: You may have to fabricate a special handle for a quarter turn valve in order to get enough "swing" to operate it.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2020
WTB WTB Columbia gorge/hood canal
You shouldn’t need to do this to replace the thru hull. I was able to remove mine and replace the thru hull, elbow, and valve(used a groco ball valve from defender marine) during my refit. Now I’ve cut the floor out to re-do / reinforce the “stringers” due to keel wobble and oil canning in the hull outboard of the keel stub which I noticed while the boat was in the slings during last haul out. Syntonos and others have done the same.

Attachments