Radio

Apr 24, 2006
Aloha 32 Toronto, Lake Ontario
Maybe today I will remember to take a picture of what I did on mine. Remember it's not a Mac mast. Mine is masthead so I have two halyards going through the masthead side by side. Of course the working end is on the front for the jib and the back for the main. The wind vane will now mount on an extension that goes aft about a foot from the masthead. This, I hope will make it easier to see plus it clears the light and antenna. Looks sort of stupid with the mast down. At some point maybe I'll set the mast up and see how it looks. I'm wondering if I shouldn't put a coating on the antenna connections to make sure they stay dry. Like that rubber you dip your tools in or liquid electrical tape.
Not a Mac mast but it's on a Mac? I just assumed it was stock.

I have the same problem on the Aloha - it'll have to look like the usual "Sputnik". But it's not trailerable so I'm not as motivated to keep it simple and robust like our Mac.

Chris

Nov 19, 2011
MacGregor 26S Hampton, VA
No, when I got the Mac (free) it had a bent mast. Conveniently I had a clipper marine 26 with hull damage that had a great mast. It's 26.5' and a masthead rig. I only had to add 2" to my shrouds and nothing to my forestay or backstay and it's perfect.

I just can't use Mac measurements to buy sails. But hey, it reaches hull speed so I can't complain

Darn it's cold out!