Racor Snapp

Apr 22, 2011
Hunter 27 Pecan Grove, Oriental, NC
Anyone tried this filter? http://www.parker.com/literature/Racor/SNAPP_Presentation.pdf
It has a lot of features that sound good: Quick disconnect fuel lines,,, water drain valve that doesn't let in air,,, when changing filters you attach the old filter to the new one and let the fuel flow to the new filter,,,, fairly large filter in a small housing,,, less mess. The filter with bracket is about $35 and the replacement filter/housing about $25.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Several concerns I would have. 1) would it meet ABYC fire rqmts? 2) would like to know more about quick dis fittings. Would those be maintenance items down the road re air ingress? 3) Don't count on the bowl being clear as fuel would (should) be died red. 4) Availability? 5) Cost. My racor 500 element is about $8.00. Changed in about a minute. Granted, I have a used element to deal with. I see no application in Racor literature for marine use......

zeehag

Mar 26, 2009
1976 formosa 41 yankee clipper santa barbara. ca.(not there)
i have experienced problems with quick connects leaking with water--i would be hesitant to try with fuel, because of that issue... otherwise it sounds like a good idea...
btw---much diesel fuel i find is not dyed.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
It has a lot of features that sound good: Quick disconnect fuel lines
NASCAR drivers think so too!
Quick Disconnects are for "human" convenience on very frequent, rapid, and non-tool use. They suffer high wear and normally no maintenance.
They work great on inflating my tires, but I wouldn't use them on a fuel line. Fuel has too many negative impacts, if it leaks.
Jim...

Aug 13, 2012
Catalina 270 Ottawa
I use one for two seasons now. The quick connect does not leak; it is totally different form anything I saw so far for the water lines. The ABYC fire resistance issue is there, but it is the same issue as with any filter that has a transparent bowl - you should not install it in the engine compartment (btw. did you replace your Racor filter's bowl with a metal one?).

It works fine.

The replacement is not as clean (as "no mess") as one would want to believe.