Propane Lockers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 3, 2011
Bavaria 49 Seattle
Hey folks,

I have a 2003 Bavaria 49 that was built for use in Europe. I brought it over to the West Coast after buying it in Caribbean.

The boat came with two tiny little propane lockers that are right and left of the pass through in the back of the cockpit. You lift up the middle cockpit seat to access these little lockers.

I haven't been able to find a US propane tank that will fit these lockers as they were built for the blue GAZ type CNG tanks.

I ended up routing a rubber propane hose to the side deck where I have a big tank just sitting on the deck. It's rather ugly even though I had a canvas cover built for it The charter company I am going to charter her out with wants me to come up with a better solution.

Has onyone done a modification to suit US tanks? How did you do it?

Thanks!

Todd

Jun 19, 2010
2003 Bavaria 44 Chesapeake Bay
we bought a 2003 b44 with identical configuration that was originally designed for europe. We had the same issue and the dude we bought it from had purchased a new locker to replace existing ones from Bavaria. He, of course did not install it (neither did we as we had many other issues to deal with) and i am not sure where it is.

But we found a smaller propane tank that fits in there. so two points: you can buy something from bavaria - call them AND smaller tanks can fit with some twisting and turning.

If you cant solve it using above, i am sure there are marinas which will knock out the existing plastic containers and replace with something custom..

Status
Not open for further replies.