Precision closing down

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Sad news, retirement had come for Porter brothers, sort of. I wonder what this means for Bart?

txjim

Sep 4, 2007
Hunter 170 Grapevine Lake, TX
Bought my used 185 18 months ago then got the retirement notice last fall. Parts are still available through the web site at decent prices and I look forward to many more years. Given the way it's built, I don't expect any hull issues.

Ach616

Mar 5, 2019
Catalina 22 N. Sask. River
The retirement is a bit hidden on the precisionboatworks.com website, and referencing the information to the year they started, that 'news' looks to have been posted in 2019. Sad news, we love our p21. They filled a niche in the trailer sailor market, which many are looking for in the present Covid era. All I can say is thank you for your products and services during the last 40+ years. If anyone has a late 80's/early 90's P23 for sale, let me know :)

Kuwull

Feb 17, 2020
Catalina Capri 22 Fernandina Beach, FL
There is a new owner who will continue making and selling parts, but no new boats. Spoke with him this past week. I am looking to purchase a P-23

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
There is a new owner who will continue making and selling parts, but no new boats. Spoke with him this past week. I am looking to purchase a P-23
Update . A few days ago I emailed Mr. Porter,asked if he was still selling parts, his reply was yes. 3/17/2023.