Pre-1971 O'Day 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Will White

I recently bought an O'Day 23 that is 30 years old. It is not the O'Day 23 I find on the Web. Mine has a cabin that is raised like the top of a camp trailer - the whole cabin comes up. The mast steps on the sole. There are almost 50 fasteners at the lower lip of the cabin and the same number of matching ones on the coaming on which the cabin sits, obviously for a canvas skirt that encloses the cabin when the cabin is cranked up. Query - can anyone tell me where to find plans/pattern for the canvas skirt?

B

Ben McAndrew

Canvas skirt

I have never heard of antthing even remotely like what u have described. Your quirey has been here for a while and nobody has made a reply. I think that is really neat the way your whole cabin trunk (is it a trunk-style cabon or a raised-deck design? (a raised-deck design is when the side decks are at the same level as the top of the trunk)) But if I were u I would have someone make u a new custom one using matching blue canvas. Good luck with ur awesome boat!!! -Ben McAndrew P.S: If u have any pics of your boat with the cabin raised, I would REALLY love to see them. U can feel free to e-mail me Lyman57@hotmail.com see ya sailin'!!

M

Mike

I'll ask someone

The guy in the slip directly across from me has the same type of O'Day 23 pop top. The whole coach roof raises up, rather than just the portion aft of the mast. If he is around the next time I'm at the marina, I'll ask him about the cabin skirt.

C

CharlieM5

I have a set of the cabin curtains...

I have a very new set of curtains for the O'day 23 that you are describing. I will try and get a pattern set for laying out cushions and will be able to send you the patterns. I need some help as well though. I am in the process of restoring one that someone else started and died before I could ask questions from him. Is it possible that you and I could exchange information/picures of how the traveler, and all was originally rigged? Thanks Charlie Mueller: UsMueller2@aol.com

Status
Not open for further replies.