Pop-up top

Status
Not open for further replies.

Echo

May 30, 2009
2 22 Saranac Lake
We tried to pop up the top over the companionway and we are puzzled because the supports to it do not seem to go vertical when the top hits the mast. It looks to be a bit unsafe because it can easily fall. Anyone have any experience using this??
Thanks!

Apr 12, 2007
Sirius 21 Barrie ON
There should be a small diameter bolt that slides up from the base of the mast that has a fender washer and a wingnut. Raise the pop top, and push it against the mast. Slide up the bolt into the groove of the pop top, and screw down the wing nut tight. Then your pop top is supported.
That's the simplest way I can think of to describe it;)
Eric

S

sneakiestpetey

I have a 1982 21 Sirius and that is the way my poptop stays up - with the bolt described - works good.

There should be a small diameter bolt that slides up from the base of the mast that has a fender washer and a wingnut. Raise the pop top, and push it against the mast. Slide up the bolt into the groove of the pop top, and screw down the wing nut tight. Then your pop top is supported.
That's the simplest way I can think of to describe it;)
Eric

Echo

May 30, 2009
2 22 Saranac Lake
?? about it...

I have a 1982 21 Sirius and that is the way my poptop stays up - with the bolt described - works good.

So when you have it set up, are the supports slanted or totally vertical? :confused: It just seems that if that bolt let loose from the mast it could really hurt someone as it appears they stay slanted and nothing else supports the top from slamming down. Thanks for your comments!

Status
Not open for further replies.