Pop-Top Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Doug Haynes

Original Question: Pop Top Questions Submitted by Doug Haynes of Clinton, CT on 09/06 at 09:59PM regarding MacGregor 25. I have recently aquired a 1984 Mac 25. The boat has a "checkered" past, in that I am not sure what is missing and what is there. It has a pop top, but looking at it I see bracket holders on the pop-top and the top of the boat that look like the pop-top should have legs on it to hold it up. I see HavenCraft sells pop-top legs, but is that all I would need? Is there other hardware I should be looking for? Thanks! Doug -------------------------------------- Thank you for the responses. I have since ordered two pop top legs from HavenCraft http://www.macgregor-yachts.com/ and they shipped it same day and I got it UPS next day. Great service. NOW: I have another question...On the HavenCraft site I see references to the following: -Pop Top Hold Down Lock (Kit 2) -Pop Top Holder w/Thumbscrew -Pop Top Hold Down Clamp (I found 4 of these on board) Any ideas about what these are and what I need to keep the pop-top down in case of knock down - or even a rough ride - if you hit a big enough wave hard enough, the pop-top might bounce upward and lose one or more of the footings of the legs. TIA- Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.