Pleated Shades on ports of 1987 31 foot Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 21, 2004
Hunter 31_83-87 Milwaukee South Shore Yacht Club
Hi, I am looking for the white plastic tie-down buttons used with pleated shades on old Hunters. They go below the ports and are used to attach an elastic loop that holds the shade down. They attach to the wall with one screw. They are kind-of mushroom shaped, maybe half an inch high and 3/8 inch in diameter. Cocked to one side. Thanks, Rip

Dec 2, 1999
Hunter Vision-36 Rio Vista, CA.
Contact Hunter

Rip: Contact Hunter. If that does not work, you may want to get ahold of the folks that made the curtains. They may have a source too. Be sure to let us know what you find.

Dec 2, 2003
- - Seabeck WA
Or toss the shades

Rip, I just replaced mine. I threw out the buttons, sorry. I bought new ones from this site. They are (insert superlative here) better than the originals with those damn elastic ties. (Ship Shades) On a 31, you're looking at about $250 or so. Or you could try Home Depot or Lowe's. Those are just buttons over Phillips screws. Oh, if you shop here, that picture of the curtains, I took. No, I don't get a cut. :)

Jul 9, 2004
Hunter 30_88-94 Lake Arthur, Louisiana
Shade Button

We just replace the buttons on our 93 30t with screw in snaps. It works great, much better than the elastic!

May 21, 2004
Do you still have a few of the buttons?

Would sure appreciate it if you still have any of the old buttons. Rip Edmundson rip@edmundson.com

May 21, 2004
Just looking for 4 10 cent buttons.

The curtains are just fine. Rip Edmundson rip@edmundson.com

May 21, 2004
Any idea who made the original pleated shades?

Any idea who made the original pleated shades? Rip Edmundson rip@edmundson.com

Dec 2, 2003
- - Seabeck WA
The name should be on the backside of the

shades along with contact info. Probably 'Ship Shades'.

Status
Not open for further replies.