How many marbles does it take to fill a jar? Tod Inlet in Gowlland Tod Marine Park will likely be busy to very busy during the summer months. We anchored there for 3 nights several weeks ago and there were 10 boats there one night and 2 another. I would consider 20 boats to be quite busy. Unfortunately there are not many protected anchorages within 10 NM of Tod Inlet. There are a number of marinas. Stern tying is always an option in the narrow channel leading into the inlet although rarely seen.How crowded does Todd Inlet get? If it’s crowded, do have a strategy for waiting for a spot to open up later on?
Ah, fellow skippers, the "little link" part that our Intrepid Reporter has somewhat glossed over is that those very same 70 km breezes that could have propelled him towards Maple Bay downwind were the very same ones on his nose for his trip back from Ganges to the San Juans. Same day, same forecast, same sources. The one that was predicted a day in advance.Other than the wild wind that seemed to blow on my bow as I turned every corner winding through the Gulf Islands, or the storm that came up to try and stop my passage across Swanson Channel between Salt Springs and Moresby, my adventure into Canada was excellent. I would have liked to visit Maple Bay and the SBO sailors there, but their forecast of 70km breezes kind of set me back as a "Bay too Far" for this trip.
And the app.So that was the only requirement; a COVID free PRC test?
Arrive in Canada within 72 hours of test. The “ArriveCAN” app completed. The AriveCAN app requires you to provide images of your vaccination card showing full course of shots. ie. 2 Pfizer or Moderna shots. The want you to identify a quarantine plan. I said on the boat in Sidney marina. There are a series of questions to help you provide a plan. I just guessed the logical answers all the while knowing if I got covid, I would isolate on the boat and work my way back to Everett.COVID free PRC test?
Hey, John, I thought that's why they invented Windyty.Who could have known that the next day would be benign. The VHF was chatting away in French and then English saying small craft warnings for 2days, 70km gale force winds etc…