PHRF for a 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2005
Oday 25 Escondido, CA
I'm thinking about doing the 'Beer Can' racing in the Bay this summer and was wondering if anyone had a PHRF rating for their 25' swing keel, year '76 or similar. I will be racing non-spin. Thanks, Gerard

Jan 24, 2008
Oday 192 Palo Alto
PHRF Ratings

According the the PHRF link at www.sfsailing.com an O'day 25 with the shoal keel/centerboard configuration and an outboard motor has a PHRF handicap of 234. Have a good time, beer can racing is fun!

Sep 12, 2005
Oday 25 Escondido, CA
STARBOARD!!!

Thanks Dave. I've been doing beer cans on OPB's but finally have mine rigged up and ready.

Jun 2, 2004
Oday 25 pittsburgh
Portsmouth Yardstick

The attached is the Phrf Tables. If you sort through the web site, it will explain everything, so I won't type it here:). r.w.landau Edited: I am sorry, the Phrf are below. It is the same web site but different rating/handicapping systems. http://www.ussailing.org/phrf/Tool_%20HI_LO_AVG%20Report.pdf

Sep 12, 2005
Oday 25 Escondido, CA
Money talks. . .

I haven't seen any other O25s out here in the SF Bay but I have the same rating as a Santana 22 and those are pretty quick boats. By the looks in the pic you posted, that sail inventory is where she gets her speed! I am going to use my original sails so we'll see. Cheers. p.s. There is no 'L' in my first name. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.