Perfect size bucket for testing your outboard

HERSH

Nov 21, 2012
Catalina Capri 22 http://www.chelseayacht.org
5 Gallon paint buckets are too small.
40 gallon garbage cans are too big.

44 quart kitchen waste basket --PERFECT.

My annual flush out in progress.

Then changed the gear lube, a few shots of oil in the cylinders and it is ready for next spring.
Maybe some new plugs .....

Hershey

Attachments

shnool

Aug 10, 2012
WD Schock Wavelength 24 Wallenpaupack
I had to flush the trough after that though... can't feed the horses oily water :)

here is the gang before we left for a trial.
From left to Right:
Traveler (like General Lee's horse)
Quinn (as in the Mighty Quinn)
Scout (as in identical to Tonto's horse) registered as "Collector's Tex."
Encore (as in all we need is a bit more)
The boys are all Geldings, and Tennesee Walking horses. The two big guys are registered Spotted Saddle Horses.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 278 Lyndeborough NH
Beautiful animals!

Growing up, my family had horses. In the early '60s we moved from the Boston suburbs to rural Vermont. My older brother saved his money and bought a part Morgan. My parents were talked into buying a Shetland pony for the rest of us. The Shetland was my responsibility. Those were the days as a 5th grader - just a boy and his dog and his pony with lots of mountains and back roads to explore.

Now if you know anything about Shetlands and their personalities, you would not be surprised to hear some of my stories!

shnool

Aug 10, 2012
Yep ponies, esp shetlands are quite bright, and stubborn. I can only imagine. Parents think little horse, what could go wrong? Yeah, bad thinking.

This is why I put my 10yo daughter on my 14 yo dead broke been everywhere anyone can ride horse (the black and white). The two of them have bonded now, and they can do anything together, of course this meant I had to get another horse for myself... which is where the brown and white came in.

Jan 22, 2008
Catalina 310 278 Lyndeborough NH
shnool said:
Yep ponies, esp shetlands are quite bright, and stubborn. I can only imagine. Parents think little horse, what could go wrong? Yeah, bad thinking.

This is why I put my 10yo daughter on my 14 yo dead broke been everywhere anyone can ride horse (the black and white). The two of them have bonded now, and they can do anything together, of course this meant I had to get another horse for myself... which is where the brown and white came in.

Stubbornness and persistence.
Good traits to encourage most of the time...

shnool

Aug 10, 2012
We have so much money tied up in the horses and dogs... presently a litter of 5 super well bred Brittanys on their way to their forever homes this week too. So yeah, the hobbies keep getting more involved. Training bills are through the roof! But we spent 18 hours on horseback over 4 days last week, myself, my wife and my daughter.. so the horses are extremely fit.

Some of our Babies when they were home... From left to Right... Grand Champion Hopes Dream Weaver (Tess), Woodlands Water Fairy (aka Moo), Woodlands Forrest Fire (Forrest), and Courage (who we lost in 2013). We presently also have Woodlands Money Pit (Chloe - aka Rock Star) who has competed at our ABC Gundogs Nationals for 3 years, and placed 4th in 2012 (she had a nice run last week too, but didn't do well with her bracemate stealing her point)... and Also Woodlands Force of Nature (aka Tally) our youngest dog, and finally Woodlands Spirit of Big Oaks (aka Jenny)... Yes we have a "Forrest" and a "Jenny."