Our free Catalina 22.

Nov 8, 2015
Coronado coronado 23 Lake Conroe
we bought a Coronado 23, for $225. We have been getting her back in action, and have taken her out, 3 times now. Since we have been at marina so much, that the harbor master has gotten to know us. He said a guy was wanting to get rid of his cat22. So I gave him my business card. Long short, he gave it to me. Title and all, he just walked away, we took over the slot.

Here are before and after, first day cleaning her. We start on the inside tomorrow. Once title is transferred and she is ready to maiden, we will decide which boat we prefer and sell the other.

Attachments

May 19, 2014
Catalina 22 #13555 Lake Winnebago, Oshkosh, WI
Wow. A little pressure wash tlc helps a lot. How's the cabin look?

Nov 8, 2015
Dirty, there was about 2 to 3" of water and mud film cover the galley. There is mud in the plumbing so it to have leaked. More pic s in the couple of days. We are sunburned at the moment so we may wait til sat or Sunday. To clean the cabin.

I need a copy of the boat manual.

Nov 8, 2015
Question, does the crank on the keel crank clock wise and counter clock wise? Ours goes one direction, and I don't see a level to change the rotation. And I not located the keel locking pin or boat?

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
It's been 30+ yrs since I sold my Cat 22 - but there is not switch to change directions -- It will "ratchet" up clockwise and "slip" going down. A cool design.

kito

Sep 13, 2012
1979 Hunter Cherubini 30 Clemmons
Make sure the keel is down all the way too. The first time I took my C22 out it sailed like crap. I found out the keel was only 3/4 of the way down. Must have had some debris in the trunk that got it stuck. I winched it up and down a few times and it finally came all the way down. Congrats on your new boat. It's amazing what a little cleaning can do. I love my little Harbor Freight $80 pressure washer. Not enough power to do any damage but cleans well.

Jun 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Lake Thunderbird
Starting my own project 76 C22. Traded my atv for it. Mine is rough but looks solid needs a lot cleaning. Good luck with your new project.

May 14, 2019
CORONADO 23-2 Home
What Coronado do you have. I have a 1973 23-2 or MkII version shoal keel.
MarknTara - Wonder Monkey

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
Question, does the crank on the keel crank clock wise and counter clock wise? Ours goes one direction, and I don't see a level to change the rotation. And I not located the keel locking pin or boat?
"keel locking pin" (such as it is) is located under the forward port side dinette seat, some deem it useless, others differ, and many do leak there!....Welcome aboard, stick around, you'll learn a lot here about your C22!

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
@rpludwig the OP was last seen June 2016.. I think this is an old thread that just got cycled to the top due to the post from @Oksailor

To Answer @Oksailor I believe there may be some confusion here. This forum and question is for the Catalina 22 not a Coronado. While Frank Butler started as a designer of in the Coronado line of sailboats in Southern California and eventually became the owner he sold the production to Columbia Yachts before breaking off on his own again to form Catalina Yachts. The trailerable Catalina 22 (C22) is the most popular production sailboat ever made with well more than 5000 hulls made and is still in production today. it is this model to which this subform is focused.

You would likely get a better response in the Ask All Sailors forum on your Coronado as they too were very popular and many here have owned them in the past. I hope this helps.

May 14, 2019
CORONADO 23-2 Home
Sorry, I saw the "Coronado" in the original post and got excited, but did not check the pics until after I replied.
MarknTara

Jun 3, 2019
Catalina 22 flicka 20 Flicka 20 Chase creek
Congratulations on your free catalina 22 i just got a free one also 1979 catalina 22 mine came with 2 main sails roller furler with genoa. Gas bbq grill 2 anchor with chain and rode and a outboard lots of other gear. Title included i spent 40 hrs plus in all of cleanup from 8 years of neglect.
Just finished 1 week shake down crush on Chesapeake Bay eastern shore on the chester and wye river. St Michaels for beerfest 2019.
Clockwiseto right on mine cranks keel up. Counterclockwise or left cranks keel down winch has a brake system so always crank opposite direction a little after setting to reset the winch brake.
Cheers