Ok next question, center board 26' macgregor 1993

hedgy

Oct 5, 2019
macgregor 26s Umitalla
Center board or dagger board. I changed seals on ballast. Started filling to check for any other leaks, needless to say the swing point or hing point seems or is leaking, mot bad but still is. Is this a problem or not

Aug 2, 2014
MacGregor 26C Stuart FL
Not sure I understand. Are you saying while filling ballast tank it's leaking from the CB trunk near the pivot pin? Ballast water leaking there could indicate a hole or crack. Definitely a problem if so.
I would try to be certain it's a leak first. Add something to the fill water to make sure it's coming out where you suspect. If you're sure then pull the board for access to glass repair the area.

hedgy

Oct 5, 2019
macgregor 26s Umitalla
Not sure I understand. Are you saying while filling ballast tank it's leaking from the CB trunk near the pivot pin? Ballast water leaking there could indicate a hole or crack. Definitely a problem if so.
I would try to be certain it's a leak first. Add something to the fill water to make sure it's coming out where you suspect. If you're sure then pull the board for access to glass repair the area.
yes it seems to be leaking right where board pivots down

Aug 2, 2014
MacGregor 26C Stuart FL
If you're certain absolutely sure beyond a doubt you'll need to pull the board to have a look. Not certain if your hardware is in the cabin or on the bottom. On our model the pivot hardware is at the bottom of the trunk. There are two round covers that have to be removed to access the nuts A modified wrench is used to hold the nuts. It is possible to pull it while on our non factory trailer. It's dangerous even with experience. I've pulled ours twice, once on the trailer and once under water. It would have been far easier to have had it hung in a travel lift.

If it is as you suspect a board trunk is a tricky spot to work on depending on what you find. And access on the trailer is a double pita. If you haven't done glass repairs it wouldn't be a good place to start.
I can post details of the wrench mod but i believe i found them on this forum.