Officially mine!

Nov 19, 2008
Catalina C-22 MK-II Parrish, FL
This profile photo of my project boat should give you an idea on the axle location on a "new design" C-22 sitting on the trailer. Looks like the axle is about the same location as the stanchions. Your photo looks like the axle is more like between the cabin windows.

DANG! those new design's are pretty boats!

Don
C-22 1988 013.jpg

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Looking Good.... Keep us informed about your boat rehab.

Nov 1, 2015
1989 Catalina 22 Wing Keel Madisonville, LA
Yeah the boat can't go any lower but agree it could move forward a bit. The wind was honkin' on Sunday so we ended up not putting her in the water. So took her as is on the trailer. But it really wasn't a matter of the boat not towing well, it did fine. It was more a matter of my lack of experience and anxieties around what might happen with a trailer with which I wasn't 100% confident : "what was that noise?, crap hit that pot hole, jeez that bridge joint really shook it." And all you guys talking about blowouts and bearing failures didn't help! :)
2016 will be all about learning the boat on my local waters from my slip. Maybe I'll venture further with it on the trailer once I have a chance to refit it. It will get her to the slip in a couple months so I'll worry about that later.

Aug 11, 2011
catalina 22 Islamorada
wasn't me that was scarin ya on the trailer. I only said grease it up and go home. it was cloud driver that was scarin ya. hehe o_O

Mar 20, 2015
C&C 30 Mk1 Winnipeg
I honestly don't know how you guys trailer regularly. I had to pry my fingers off the wheel and took 2 rum punches to come down after the trip!
Your comment had me wondering.. so I looked closer at the photo of the boat and trailer. (nice forum feature of viewing photos full sized !)

Not sure, but it looks like the boat is sitting too far back on the trailer ? Looks like there is a big gap between the roller and the bow of the boat ? Even a few inches will make all the difference in tongue weight and hence towing ease.

EDIT: Nevermind. I had this page sitting on an open browser tab for a while, without the recent posts visible, and didn't realize that others had spotted it already.