O'Day Mariner

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Achille C. Scache

Oday Mariner owners: Do you race? Do you cruise? if you race, what changes can you make to the adjustments that you have? any Jib cloth/Wire? Cunningham? Ash Scache O'Day Mariner 3005

E

Ed Blaszak

renewing rigging

Thanks for your response, Ash. The rig looks good- no meat hooks or kinks I was just concerned that the swaged fittings might have weakened with time. I'm not interested in racing - at least until I get new sails so I guess I'll just start out cautiously and keep checking the rigging.

J

Justin - O'day Owner's Web

local PHRF Mariner

I don't have a Mariner of my owner, but there is a Stewart built Mariner in the bay that takes on the PHRF fleet each week. I spoke to him last year and he had done a bunch of stuff: VC bottom coating navtech backstay adjuster micro-calibrated turnbuckles mylar sails spectra running rigging faired CB slot Everything aboard lightened He rarely (ever?) is the first guy around the marks due to the short LWL, but he places well and absolutely spanks some of the racer cruisers and the occasional all out sport boat. He has almost as much fun as I do lapping the PHRF fleet with my daysailer. Silly keelboats, centerboard boats can plane. Justin - O'day Owner's Web

G

Garrett Pence

The Mariner is already a fast boat!

I really can't think of any upgrades, but in my opinion, the boat is already a racer.

Status
Not open for further replies.