O'Day 28

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Ned Young

In your list of Spec's you show the O'Day 28 and the O'Day 280 to be the same boat. I am not certain but I think they are two different boats. The 28 was built from 79-86 and the 280 from 87-88.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
If you have any data

Please send us any info you have on the two; we're doing our best to sort out all the models but there is little info and what we find is often inaccurate. Our street address and fax can be found on the link at the bottom of our home page. Thanks!

J

Jeanne

O'Day 30

My friend is looking at an O'Day 30. He is thinking about buying it but we don't know much about this type of boat. It is a '77 model and seems to in good shape. The price may be about $12,000. We just are trying to ask someone who knows about this style of O'Day.

C

Chic Lasser

OD 30

I have a 322 and am relatively happy with the boat. No boat is perfect and Oday's aren't, but there are alot of worse boats on the market. Quality is good to VG and the boat sails well. COnsidered a 30/31 before we found this boat. Reccomend a through survey b4 writing any check.

B

B. Terry

O-28 vs O-280

The O'day 28 was built from 1978-87 and had a 10' 3" beam with a displacement of 7,700 lbs. It was considered as part of the O'day yacht line. The O-280 was built on the 272 hull with a 9' beam and a displacement of about 5000 lbs. It was built only in 1989, the year that O'day went under. It was considered to be part of the "cruiser" line. The 2 models were as different as night and day.

Status
Not open for further replies.