No Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rick Weyerhaeuser

My Raritan IIe has stopped pumping water in the "wet" mode. I took the selector knob apart--I was told that maybe the ball in the bottom was stuck in the open position. It was not. Everything seems to be fine. Any suggestions??

M

mike kinney

Could be...

Is it possible that the intake line is plugged? Have you detached it from the toilet to see if you can blow air through it? Alternatively, is it possible that there is a hole in the intake line up in the loop section? This would cause the toilet to pull in air instead of water. You could test this by detaching the intake line to see if you could pull water in through it.

P

Peggie Hall/Head Mistress

Several possible causes

First, make sure the seacock is open (oh....duh!) :) If it is, and if you have a strainer on the intake, make sure it isn't clogged...if so clean it out. If you don't have a strainer, the intake line--or even the holes in the rim of the bowl--may be clogged...and even with a strainer, the intake line could be clogged with sea water mineral deposits. Or...as Mike suggested, you may have an air leak in the intake hose. If you've never rebuilt the toilet, the pump shaft seals and piston o-ring could be so worn that the pump won't prime any more....worse yet, have worn the pump cylinder to the point where new ones won't help...or sand/debris may have scored the pump housing...which in either of those cases means you need a new pump assembly. So start checking at the seacock till you find the problem. If you can't find it, it's almost certain that the problem is in the pump itself. Since a rebuild kit costs about 40% of the cost of a new pump assembly, if the toilet is more than 5-7 years old and has never been rebuilt, consider replacing the pump assembly instead...because rebuilding it may not cure it.

J

Justin Wolfe

Check the other check valve?

Have you checked the ball underneath the pump handle towards the back where it hinges. I completely missed this on first inspection. Ours had stopped pumping water. Finally checked the second check valve and sure enough the ball was stuck in the spring. This was on a less than 1 year old PHII. Whoops you have an electric? Does it have two check valves? Our does. Check em both.

Status
Not open for further replies.