New trends for interior cushions

Feb 10, 2017
Hunter 41 Progreso
Hi to all, i have not been lately to a boat show. What the new boat are using for interior cushions that are used for sitting and slipping ? From the youtube video they look like leather or false leather. But in hot climates slipping over them is a mad thing. I have read in some treads that the best is ultrasuede, is that correct ? will be sumbrella still the best option ?

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
My old 2004 Hunter 386 and now 2005 Hunter 46 have Dura-Leather Prairie interior cushion fabric. I replaced the settee cushion foam this month and scheduled fabric replacement in November.

Feb 10, 2017
Hunter 41 Progreso
My old 2004 Hunter 386 and now 2005 Hunter 46 have Dura-Leather Prairie interior cushion fabric. I replaced the settee cushion foam this month and scheduled fabric replacement in November.
is it very

Feb 10, 2017
Hunter 41 Progreso
false leather is too hot and you can breathe so in hot humid climate is impossible to sleep over.

Dave Groshong

SBO Staff
Staff member
Jan 25, 2007
Catalina 22 Seattle
Dura-Leather is nice, we also offer regular fabric. Sunbrella is more of an outdoor canvas for mainsail covers, biminis, winch covers etc.....

Feb 21, 2013
Hunter 46 Point Richmond, CA
Valerio,

Dura-leather works well in the SF Bay as breathability is not required in this low humidity climate and we do not sleep on it. The Hunter 46 settee cushion thickness is 4 inches. I ordered custom cut 4.5 inches thick cushion XL-48 (extra firm) foam from Foam Rubber Products, Inc. (www. Buyfoam.com) per their measurement instructions and it fit perfectly inside the existing cushion fabric cover.