New Tiller and Windows for 26D came in

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawg2

Jun 25, 2012
Mac Gregor 26D GA
These look great!!! I have been dealing with Rudder Craft ( www.ruddercraft.com ) and they have some parts for older Mac Gregors They are VERY helpful and super nice. I was in a desperate search to replace my purplish/rose faded windows. They had them. I was prepped to install them the day they came in, but it started raining today:cussing:.

I also ordered a new mahogany / ash tiller to replace the piece of galvanized PIPE that is currently there:eek: .

This boat is going to look great! I appreciate all the help from everyone on here after spamming the forum with questions:D

Attachments

Jun 5, 2004
Macgregor 26D Boise
OK I sewed that tiller cover. Its design is the result of "kaizaning" the cover. The loop on the front is polypropylene and sewn twice for strength. The laces in the back are also polypro and positioned to allow better attachment to the rudder head. Of course the thread is poly as well. Unconditional guarantee. Enjoy

dawg2

Jun 25, 2012
Mac Gregor 26D GA
OK I sewed that tiller cover. Its design is the result of "kaizaning" the cover. The loop on the front is polypropylene and sewn twice for strength. The laces in the back are also polypro and positioned to allow better attachment to the rudder head. Of course the thread is poly as well. Unconditional guarantee. Enjoy
Well you did a great job. I installed the new tiller handle and cover. Everything fit and works great, THANKS!

Jun 5, 2004
Macgregor 26D Boise
One way to remove the old windows is to form a "garrotte" of strong, thin wire to saw through the old RTV.....

dawg2

Jun 25, 2012
Mac Gregor 26D GA
One way to remove the old windows is to form a "garrotte" of strong, thin wire to saw through the old RTV.....
I actually used an old, long knife (not sharp) and pried them off a little at a time. I was also wearing cut proof gloves. It was a job, but was effective. They make the boat look a LOT better. I also replaced all of the PVC on the stays. The old PVC was cracked and broken.

All I am waiting on now is the bimini cover and the mast raising kit.

Aug 14, 2012
Macgregor 26D Mosquito Lake, Cortland Ohio
dawg2 said:
These look great!!! I have been dealing with Rudder Craft ( www.ruddercraft.com ) and they have some parts for older Mac Gregors They are VERY helpful and super nice. I was in a desperate search to replace my purplish/rose faded windows. They had them. I was prepped to install them the day they came in, but it started raining today:cussing:.

I also ordered a new mahogany / ash tiller to replace the piece of galvanized PIPE that is currently there:eek: .

This boat is going to look great! I appreciate all the help from everyone on here after spamming the forum with questions:D
Dawg 2
Looks like your new windows are clear. Don't they have smoke? Doesn't the clear let in too much light, and violate your privacy?

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I have the same tiller, also the post riser that I think they no longer sell.

I have to agree with CzechMate. The clear windows will show Roger's dorky window cutouts. The smoke tint hid and stylized the windows.

dawg2

Jun 25, 2012
Mac Gregor 26D GA
Dawg 2
Looks like your new windows are clear. Don't they have smoke? Doesn't the clear let in too much light, and violate your privacy?
Like was said above, they are smoke tinted. Both sides had paper on them to keep them from getting scratched. Here are the before and after pics:

Attachments

Dec 28, 2011
MacGregor 26D Boston
dawg2 said:
Like was said above, they are smoke tinted. Both sides had paper on them to keep them from getting scratched. Here are the before and after pics:
Those windows make it look like a new boat!

Status
Not open for further replies.