New Tide App

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
not free :( .99

probably still use saltwatertides.com (yep, I'm a cheap bastadg)

Sep 26, 2010
Macgregor 1993 26S Houston
I spent the .99 and looked at it a little yesterday. It seems pretty generic.
Probably not much good in our bay system, but it's something else to play with.
With the IPhone, if I can get internet, there are much better tide tools available for free.
www.protides.com is one that I use, and I can select data that's really relevant to where I am in our bay system.
Jim

May 4, 2005
Macgregor 26d Ft Lauderdale, Fl
fwiw, tides are also a built in function to my garmin 76s... (w/ gps for nearest location) and a sine wave diagram.

But I'm always looking for new apps! any others?

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
fwiw, tides are also a built in function to my garmin 76s... (w/ gps for nearest location) and a sine wave diagram..
Yep, we used our 76S also for the tide data on the trip. I found it a little confusing at first, but then it was pretty easy to use. Before we would pull into an anchorage I'd check the tides for the next few days that we might be there and then looked for water depth that would work considering where the tide was at the moment and how much lower if would be over the next couple days at low tide.

I think I'm going to like that other guys program that I posted a link to as once you click on your location or where you are going you can get the weather, tides, currents and all kinds of stuff without having to go to different sites. He has set that up really slick.

Now I guess we are going to have to find a phone service where we don't have to sign a contract and get WiFi tethered from the phone to the computer. Bill how has what you been using working out? I'd like to do something right after the first of the year. I see Net 10, who we now use has two android phones and unlimited web for $50 a month,

Sum

Our Endeavour 37

Our Trips to Utah, Idaho, Canada, Florida

Our MacGregor S Pages

Mac-Venture Links

Kestle

Jun 12, 2011
MacGregor 25 San Pedro
I use TidesPlan11 on my iPad to schedule trips...so far it seems fine.

Jeff R.

Status
Not open for further replies.