New Owner - Hello All!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2008
Macgregor 26X WIlmington
Greetings all, new Mac owner here. I just bought my first MAC 26X 97 - In the process of having the boat cleaned, fixed up and re-upholstered. Newer to sailing and boating...so I'm learning. Just finished my boaters saftey course, finishing up some stuff before trying to figure this boat out. Can anyone recommend a site, video, anything that shows how to rig the mast and sails? I don't reall have any info on this and am a bit confused. If any of you Mac owners live in delaware or MD (baltannap)area and want to help out a newbie...I'd love to meet up and go out with you. Anyway, look forward to talking to you all. Thanks, Corkscrew

Oct 18, 2007
Macgregor 26S Lucama, NC
There is supposed to be...

a copy of the 26X manual here, but I can't get it to download. Maybe if you yell "PHIL, HELP!!" several times, he will fix it so you can download it. ;D -Paul

Apr 30, 2006
Macgregor 26s Kemah, TX
Downloadable

It opened in my browser but it took a long time. It is also downloadable. To do this, go to the link, right click on the Pdf icon, choose Save target as.., browse to where you want to keep it and start the download. It's an 8+ meg file so it may take a little while. Then open the saved file in Acrobat.

Apr 30, 2006
Macgregor 26s Kemah, TX
Welcome

Corkscrew, you've come to the right place. This forum is one of the best things about owning a Mac. No matter what you want to do with or on your boat, someone here has done it or at least tried it before. It's free expert help.

Oct 18, 2007
Macgregor 26S Lucama, NC
Must be my problem...

can't get it to download for me, either. Hope it does for you, Corkscrew. Forgot to say, Welcome. So, WELCOME! Hope you enjoy the forum. By the way, is that Wilmington in NC, Del, or where? (Edit: Reread post- I expect that's Delaware! Should be some guys in your area who can help, even if they don't have a MAC.] -Paul

Vitger

Mar 13, 2008
Hunter 320 Kelowna
Welcome!

I am somewhat of a newbie too. I would recommend "speedyrigger" he has a couple DVDs for sale about rigging and sailing the X. I think the two DVDs cost around 29$ and you can learn a ton in just two short hours. Here is the link:

Status
Not open for further replies.